Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A St. Patty's Day Baby

Finnian John Davis
St. Patrick's Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine as I am from a large Irish family. I never knew it would be one of the most important and special days that Ryan and I would share. On March 17th, 2011 at 4:46 pm, our sweet baby boy, Finnian John Davis, was born. He weighed 8 pounds and measured 20.5 inches in length. We had joked throughout the last trimester of the pregnancy that he would hold off for the Irish holiday, so I'm not sure why I was so shocked when he actually did.

We had two name choices for our baby boy: Finnian and Patrick. However, Ryan and I both agreed that if our baby was born on St. Patrick's Day, we would not use the name Patrick. So when my water broke at 12:30 am on St. Patty's Day, we knew his name would be Finnian. His middle name is in honor of my grandpa, John Lawson and Ryan's papa, John White, two very special men that Ryan and I looked up to and loved very much!

Finn, we are over the moon with happiness to be your mommy and daddy! We are so thankful to hold you in our arms and our hearts are filled with more love than we ever thought possible.

First Family Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment